May 11, 2020 Update
Gov. Cuomo has issued Executive Order (No. 202.26) establishing the date and associated procedures for the 2020 school district budget vote and board election. This followed the initial postponement of the school vote which had been scheduled for May 19. The school vote will now be conducted on Tuesday, June 9, 2020 via absentee ballot.
The Budget Hearing is scheduled via Zoom Video Conference on May 26, 2020 at 7 PM.
Proposed 2020-21 Budget
Candidates must "self-nominate". Please email your candidacy intensions to District Clerk, Tracey Waters at email@example.com by Monday, May 11.
Your email should include the following information:
I, YOUR NAME, hereby declare my candidacy for the office of member of the Board of Education of Whitesville Central School District for the June 9, 2020 election for a term of three (3) years commencing July 1, 2020 and expiring June 30, 2023 to fill the vacancy caused by the expired term of ______________ (Fill in Monica Acomb or Jane Hall).
Mrs. Acomb and Mrs. Hall's current board seat terms expire on June 30. You must choose a seat.
You must include your: Home address, Phone number, Email address and an alternate phone number (if available).
1) Must be a citizen of the United States
2) Must be at least 18 years of age
3) Must have been a district resident for a continuous period of at least 1-year prior to the election
4) Must be able to read and write
5) Must be the only member of her/her family residing in the same household on the school board
1) Must not simultaneously hold an incompatible public office, such as town supervisor
2) Must not be an employee of the district
3) Must not have been removed from a school district office within one-year of the election
The same candidacy intensions, qualifications (edit #5 to "library board") and restrictions (dismiss rule #3) apply for Member of the Whitesville Public Library.
I, YOUR NAME, hereby declare my candidacy for the Whitesville Public Library vacant seat caused by the expired term of Joanna Clark. Five (5) year said term to begin July 1, 2020 and to expire June 30, 2025.
I, YOUR NAME, hereby declare my candidacy for the vacant Whitesville Public Library seat for a one (1) year term to fill the unexpired term of Kayla Bissett. Said term to begin July 1, 2020 and to expire June 20, 2021.
You must also included your: Home address, Phone number, Email address and an alternte phone number (if available).
Please stay tuned for forthcoming information as it is being provided by the Governor and the New York State School Boards Association.
Legal Notice - Revised