Weekly Reminders & Updates!
For the most recent COVID info CLICK HERE
COVID-19 Protocol for WCS:
- The school is informed and reports daily to the state all students, teachers and staff who have been tested for COVID-19
- The school prepares a contact tracing spreadsheet in case of a positive result
- The Department of Health, from the county of residence, of the positive individual, is responsible to complete all contact tracing
- If the positive individual was in school during the contagious time period (determined by the Health Department), the school is contacted
- The school then must report the positive student, teacher or staff member on the daily state website which is upload into https://schoolcovidreportcard.health.ny.gov/#/home
- The school sends the prepared contact tracing spreadsheet to the person in charge of the contact tracing
- As a courtesy, administration has reached out to each family who was directly impacted by the positive individuals via Global Connect, personal phone call or face to face conversations
- Confidentiality for each case is imperative
- It is important to note, we are only able to report confirmed cases with a positive test result as reported by the Department of Health from each county
If you have further questions please email Mrs. Emery at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 607.356.3301 x221
Reminders & Updates!*Board of Education Recognition Week is October 18-22*Thank you to all of our BOE members for your time, thoughtfulness and dedication to our school! Your continued support of WCS is appreciated!*Thank you Mr. Jeff Erdmann, Mrs. Jane Hall, Mrs. Monica Acomb, Mr. Chip Cutler and Mr. Scott Garis!*Early Release Day is Friday, October 22 at 12:30PM*No afterschool program on this day*After School SEL Program Update:*Monday and Wedensday - K and 1st grades only*Tuesday and Thursday - 2nd, 3rd, and 4th only*Friday - 5th and 6th only*COVID-19 Update for the 2021-22 school year:*Positive Students - 2*Positive Staff - 2*Positive Teachers - 0*Substitute cleaner/custodians are needed ASAP. Please contact Mr. Mike McIntyre for more information (607.356.3301 x232 or email@example.com).
*Remember, all meals are FREE for every student at WCS.
*If you would like to join the WCS Advocacy Committee to share your love of Whitesville Central School, please email Mrs. Emery for more information. This committee is focused on making sure all voices are heard.
*WCS COVID-19 Safety Protocols:
-If your child is not feeling well, please keep them home and call the school nurse (607.356.3301 x230)
-Temperatures are taken at the door upon entry
-Masks are required in school except when eating, drinking, singing, playing instruments, instruction and during mask breaks
-All classrooms are set up for social distancing
-Continue daily disinfecting*Bus Drivers Needed - Whitesville Central School is encouraging community members call at 607.356.3301 x400 if you are interested in becoming a part time, full time or substitute bus driver. Mr. Chapman is happy to support you through the process of becoming a certified School Bus Driver.
*As always, if you have questions please email Mrs. Emery, Superintendent, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WCS wishes everyone a safe and beautiful Autumn!