Middle School History
I will be using Office 365 TEAMS so after reading through this overview, head over there to begin getting familiar with specific assignments that I have mentioned below for each class. You should already be added to your TEAM, so if you are not, send me an email right away.
You can contact me through TEAMs if you need to reach out with questions or clarification on anything.
Eventually we will be Zooming! You will get an invite soon! Zoom is for video conferencing so be thinking about where you will be able to have a little quiet time in your room or in a chair on your back porch maybe. See below for instructions on how to Zoom.
As we get going here is what a typical day for each class will look like:
-FIST list or another vocabulary exercises
-Notes by online or Zoom--I will try and Zoom with the class at least once a week
-Videos if possible
-Kahoot if we can get on-line?
-Quizzes when possible
-Testing at the end of a section or chapter- usually on a certain date.Current work:Sixth Grade:-Zoom and discuss Roman Empire-Kahoot-DBQ- Romans and Greeks-AssessmentSeventh Grade:-Corp of Discovery movie and assignment sheet.-Notes on JeffersonEighth Grade:-Great Depression-Notes - through Zoom and on-line-DBQ on Great Depression-Kahoot for review-Assessment12th Grade:-Economics Chapter 4 Demand-Section 2 Review Section 3-Homework Sections 1-3 online- send copy to me.
Directions on editing documents on 365 Teams.
- Look under assignments for the test, quiz etc.
- Hit the three little dots (ellipse)s and then hit download
- Open the document.
- Look at the top bar and hit edit
- Edit the document.
- Save to your PC
Then follow the directions for returning the document to the teacher. See directions on files or my website.
Sending material back through Office 365
- Save the completed document to your drive or PC
- Go back to TEAMS and look for where it says “my work” and “add work”.
- Hit add work and then upload from this device… which is located in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Find the document—what you saved.
- The file will then upload and you then should hit done.
- If you have completed all of the assignment then hit turn in.
Your teacher now has your document.
Zoom is a cloud video conferencing application offering quality video, audio, and screen-sharing features. It's designed by zoom.us for both small businesses and large corporations. It also can be used schools so that teachers and students can video conference.
Below are the instructions to get on Zoom.
- In your email, you should get a link.
- Click on the link.
- Allow Zoom to launch.
- If you don’t already have Zoom installed, you’ll be prompted to install it.
- Follow the directions. Join the meeting by entering the invite code. Join "with computer audio".